How it works
1. Call or text your story to (951) 963-3643 whenever you experience something you want to share. Make sure you’re in a quiet place. Maximum recording time is 10 minutes.
2. Please start by telling us where you’re calling from. Perhaps you can even paint a picture of your surroundings for anyone who listens. Then share what you want to say.
3. Hang up when you’re finished.
If you’re not sure what to say, answer this one question: How is your life different today as a result of COVID-19?
Call or text as many times as you’d like, whenever.
Call No. 1413
This Week’s Featured Submission
“Hi, and we’re from New York and my boyfriend and me live together. Live together for one month and we practice social distancing for a long time. And this year he’s gonna move to Canada and I’m gonna stay here. And I think um. I think at this moment we’re really thankful for having a job, and be healthy and I hope we can get through it really fast.“Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 11:09:20 AM EDT
No matter what your experience is, your thoughts and reflections are as important as anyone else’s.
The goal is to gather the broadest range of experiences— birthdays, Zoom calls, live events, births, deaths, hospital visits, canceled graduations—basically anything that reveals how our lives are changing amidst the world’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, social distancing, and the current social climate.
Someday we’ll look back and reflect on what life was like right now. From mundane moments of extreme boredom to reflections on not being able to hug a family member that tested positive, every contribution has immense value.
If you want to share something but are unsure about what to say, use one of these prompts to guide you:
- How has your life changed as a result of Covid-19?
- What is the dominant feeling you have?
- Describe one day in your life.
- What’s something that stands out most to you at this time?
- How has Covid-19 affected your job?